Thank you once again for completing your industrial action ballots and helping get the ballot over the line.
We are now in a place where we can start to release information on the upcoming action.
- We received a mandate for both action short of strike action and strike action. The decision has been made with your Rep team that we press ahead with strike action!
- Today we have announced and informed EEAST of two dates for action: March 6th & March 20th. Please be aware that these dates could change, increase or decrease depending on outside factors e.g. if there is an improved pay offer. These are only the first 2 dates planned and there will likely be more added should a deal not be reached.
- Picket lines have been provisionally arranged at the following sites:
- Bury St. Edmunds
The picket lines will be open from 6:00 – 18:00 and for most of you the closest will be less than an hour away.
We would be happy to add additional sites should you inform us of a willingness from your colleagues at another site. Please do not start a picket line without discussing it with myself first as there are legal obligations to be fulfilled before a legal picket line can take place.
- Have questions about striking? Here is a link that should answer most of your questions – Strike FAQ | GMB
If you still have unanswered question, please feel free to email me Ashley.Foster@gmb.org.uk
We will be sending out another FAQ before the strikes take place with any additional questions answered.
- As you may be aware unison have also had their own industrial action ballot pass. Unfortunately, we believe this will be too late in order for them to join us on March 6th however we will be in conversation regarding future dates.
- If you no longer work for EEAST or if you believe you may be based at the incorrect station on our system, please email me ASAP so your details can be updated.
GMB Regional Organiser – Norwich Office
GMB London Region
Mobile: 07974 250946
Office: 01603 626492
Posted: 17th February 2023