Dear Member and colleague,
I am sure you have heard by now, that today the Government have approached the National staff council and have given the stipulations that if pay talks are to happen, that all unions have to agree to postpone their strikes for next week, and then they will come to the table to talk, this is what we have been asking for, and this is what the talks will be about;
Here’s what they have conceded to talk about –
- A payment for 2022/23, with new money to pay for this and not from existing budgets
- Negotiations on 2023/24 pay
- Terms and conditions that unions have said are important to our members
- Our view on future productivity
- Negotiations to take place with all unions together, terminating the RCN’s separate talks
Be under no illusion that if the Government do not come to the table with an acceptable pay deal, the Strike action for the 20th March will go ahead with No Derogation and potentially 48hrs instead of 24hrs.
I also have to let you know, that this has only come to light now that EEAST had joined the rest of the nation in action, and it is your votes, that made this all happen, and I cannot thank you enough.
I will make sure I keep you informed of any news and changes, and of course if there is anything you need from me, then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Don’t forget this is just the beginning, and we still have a journey together 🙂
Branch President GMB
Equality & Diversity Lead GMB
Posted: 6th March 2023